Sorry, no pictures because I had no intention of posting this. But when four different people on FB tell you to post a recipe, it's kinder to just share it with the world. So here it is....
This was a Taste of Home recipe passed on to me by a friend. I've made my own changes (like adding turkey) so I'll post the Taste of Home recipe (easier) alongside mine (more fresh ingredients)
6 cups of water with 4 tsp. chicken bouilion granules (or I use leftover turkey drippings with the fat skimmed off and enough water to make 6 cups)
1 package (30 oz.) frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
1 package (16 oz.) California style frozen veggies (or I use 2 heads of fresh broccoli and 1 medium carrot, chopped)
2 cups turkey, chopped (whatever pieces you want)
1 lb. Velveeta (or processed cheese)... can't help it, I love Velveeta.
2 cans (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk (I never add this.)
1. Stir your bouilion into water or use your drippings to make 6 cups in a large Dutch oven.
2. Add frozen veggies or fresh veggies and allow to simmer (with lid on) until soft.
3. Add frozen potatoes now if you were using fresh veggies. Otherwise, just throw all the frozen stuff in at once. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thawed.
4 Add turkey.
5. Stir in cheese and cans of soup. Stir until cheese in melted.
6. Serve immediately or keep in crockpot on keep warm setting.
Enjoy! It's delicious and freezes super well (up to 3 months)
Post a Comment